I'll sing a song for you,
That's what I'm here to do,
To sing for you.
- Ben Gibbard's cover of Donovan Leitch's To sing for you
Oh Jack you see, I felt like your mirror with the wind whipping through my hair.
- Couches in alleys, Ben Gibbard
***
The willingness of trolling “victims” to be hurt by words, he argued, makes them complicit, and trolling will end as soon as we all get over it.
An article i found interesting about a trend of internet-users 'provoking strangers online'...bullying.
Within hours, the aggrieved trolls hit the phones, bombarding her apartment with taxis, pizzas, escorts and threats of rape and violent death.
Just a few days ago I was wondering about the possibility of such pranks (pizzas etc) but I just assumed that no one would do such a thing. Guess I'm very wrong.
***
Make eye contact. Nothing says sincere like a willingness to plumb the depths of your acquaintance's soul.
Break eye contact. Sometimes things get so astounding you just need to stare at the table for a minute to reevaluate your place in the universe. - How to feign sincerity
No comments:
Post a Comment